Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Tale of Two Families - Perth Family Photographer

I had the most wonderful opportunity to meet and photograph two absolutely beautiful families.  I was first introduced to one of the family members when I did a photo shoot for a Hair Salon in Perth last November.

V&F Family

Then at Christmastime, I received an email from this gorgeous girl.  She wanted to nominate her friends and neighbours for my Giving is Awesome Giveaway.  She shared with me how her neighbours had to move out of their house due to a life threatening mold issue.  The children were sick and their health was compromised. 
V&F Family
Originally they had moved into a tent trailer hoping to get back into their house before the cold weather moved in, but delays getting rid of the mold and putting their house back together meant they had to find somewhere else to go.  They stayed with their neighbours for a little while then moved into an apartment for the winter.  With a full clean up and restore going on at their home, they now had to pay to rent an apartment while still paying a mortgage and the reno bills on a house they couldn't even go in.
V&F Family
V&F Family

As Winter carried on their renos continued the neighbours not only offered neighbourly support, but physical labour as well, helping to lay floors, tile bathrooms and all around clean up. It was very clear to me in the short time I got to spend with these families that they are not only neighbours but a family as well.

V&F Family
The teenagers were amazing with the smaller children, playing, having fun and just all around being there for them.  I was deeply touched by how much these families cared for each other, it was truly an awarding evening for me.

V&F Family
As March rolled around and Spring was well on its way they got the go ahead to return to their Family home.  The Summer has been good for them and they finally feel that they are home again. I couldn't resist taking photos of each family in front of their front doors.  Not only do I love front doors, but in this case I know who lives behind them and they are truly amazing people.
V&F Family
V&F Family

The children are doing well, most of their health problems are cleared up, but a few linger and we can only pray that they will disappear all together. These little guys were great for me.  They were so full of energy at the end of the day they posed, ran around, posed some more and ran some more.  I had a wonderful time watching them interact with their teenage counterparts. 
V&F Family

To both of these wonderful families I would like to Thank You.  Thank you for sharing your touching stories of how two neighbours can be so wonderful to each other in a world where many would walk the other way.

V&F Family
 And Thank You for allowing me to share in some of that family time.  It was a very special evening for me and I feel blessed to have shared in your stories with you.

V&F Family

No comments:

Post a Comment